Export Québec in collaboration with the Canadian Embassies in Astana and Moscow will organise a mining trade mission around the MiningWorld Central Asia exhibition from 18 -27 September 2017.
This trade mission aims to support Québec companies operating in the Eurasian region by organising individual meetings with customers, distributors or potential local partners to penetrate or consolidate the market.
Whether you are interested in exporting your products and services, establishing partnerships and strategic alliances, looking to open a business office or exploring new avenues in the Eurasian market, your participation in this mission will give you access to relevant and quality contacts.
Programme on 15 February 2017:
9:15 Welcoming address from Export Québec
9:20 Introduction of participants and their expectations
9:30 Presentation by Anis Ouanès, International Business Advisor, Export Québec
• Review of the mission program in Kazakhstan: Discussing branding, the program, networking meetings, itinerary, accommodation, transportation, etc.
9:45 MiningWorld Central Asia presentation by Natallia Zhuk-Higgs, International Sales Manager, ITE Mining
• Key players and current trends
10:00 Presentation of Kazakhstan’s mining market by Daniyar Seidaliyev, Minister-Counselor for Economic Affairs and Ambassador of Kazakhstan to Canada
• The marketplace and key stakeholders
• Key sectors in Kazakhstan
• Development of the mining sector in Kazakhstan
• Current industry trends and business opportunities
10:30 Coffee Break
10:45 Export Development of Canada (EDC) Presentation by Shannon Fisher, Sector Advisor, Mining Industry Group
11:10 Presentation on the challenges of doing business in Kazakhstan by Sébastien Dakin, Regional Director, Canada Russia Eurasia Business Association
• Market approaches: Advice and experiences
• Business climate and good practices
11:30 Testimonials from successful companies operating in Kazakhstan
11:45 Question and answer session
12:00 End of the programme