Why invest in Kazakhstan?
· It’s a top 10 country in the world of mineral reserves, with the mining and metals sector contributing around 18% of the country’s GDP
· The mining code, which aims to boost geological exploration and remove administrative burden for junior miners should commence in 2018.
· Visa-free entry for Canadian nationals for up to 30 days.
· Kazakhstan welcomes foreign investments and is the 35th best place in the world to do business, according to the World Bank. This places the country one place behind Japan. The government is also planning to launch 31 investment projects to develop the mining and metallurgy industry.
· Canadian firms have always done well in Central Asian mining exhibitions. Your machinery, products and services have a good reputation in Kazakhstan. That’s why the Embassy of Canada to Kazakhstan backs the show – and they’re willing to back your participation too.